* Where and When does Art Kaleidoscope happen?
The event is held at the Midtown Scholar Bookstore, 1302 N 3rd Street, Harrisburg, PAon the last Tuesday of every month from 7pm to 9pm.
Local artists are invited to sign up to present their artwork to the community.
The format of the presentation is accommodating to artists working in a wide range of mediums such as painting, printmaking, photography, sculpture, film, music, writing, etc.
Artists are encouraged to share new, old, on-going or in-progress projects.
* How do I show my artwork?
Artists can bring in up to 5 pieces of their artwork to present. Artists are encouraged to bring in their actual artwork, but also have the option of having their artwork projected onto the screen.
Individual presentations are typically 5 to 10 minutes in length.
Artists who wish to have their artwork projected must email either JPG or MOV files to Lisa prior to the event: email@example.com
Please! no PowerPoint files!
* What happens during the Art Kaleidoscope event?
Artists give a short presentation of their artwork, about 5 to 10 minutes in length.
Think of it like a “show and tell”, but with art!
Here are some examples of what an artist may talk about during their presentation (completely optional!):
- How did you get started in your area of art-making?
- What are you inspired by?
- What are some of the processes, tools, or other media used to create your artwork?
- What are some projects you hope to create in the future?
- Do you have specific questions about your art that you’d like the audience to address?
- Are you looking for collaborators?
After each presentation, the audience can ask the artist questions and give feedback or comments.
Once the presentations are all finished, the group is encouraged to talk to one another to make connections, to ask questions on an individual basis, and to get to know one another!
* Why should I participate in Art Kaleidoscope?
This is an excellent opportunity for artists to meet other local artists, be inspired by each other, engage in discussions, potentially coordinate future collaborations or to find out whose light meter they can borrow in a pinch.
The goals of this monthly gathering are to showcase a variety of artwork by many local artists and to bring together artists and art patrons in this community.
* How do I sign up?
Interested artists are invited to sign up for the event starting at the beginning of each month.
Spots in the presentation are limited and offered on a first-come, first-served basis.
* What if I still have questions?
Email Lisa Bennett, the director and host of Art Kaleidoscope, at firstname.lastname@example.org